This is normally a time of year when we start thinking about our annual Florida trip right? We who work on the show actually got started early this year, and I’m already deep into the session selection process.
In a few days, you’ll be seeing the names of sessions that are already approved, so you will know (and trust) what the show is about.
Earlier this year, Kristin Keene gave an interview about what is the same and what has changed – the full interview is here: What is changing and what is staying the same?
Here is a summary:
- The show is more technically focused than in recent years, so it is smaller
- We will focus on existing customers and Partners
- The show will be held in the Swan
- The OGS and most familiar special features are there (Labs, Speedgeeking, Ask the Developers)
- The Product Showcase – renamed the TechnOasis and with a new location – is nearly sold out already
- The Best Practices track (with me as track manager), JumpStarts, Chalk Talks (think BOFs on steroids)
- Your favorite IBM speakers as well as the best of the IBM Champions and Business Partners.
The best of the past will be there, and we plan to make the show something you’ll remember for years to come. I don’t have access to the guest list, so tell me – are you going to be there?
Tell me why – or why not….I’m all ears.